Friday, March 28, 2008

Time to add some Missionary Quotes!

*This past week was great. It’s like we were on fire! I has been so much fun – I can say that jondo-ing has become delicious. Before I was afraid to talk to people or I’d make excuses why I couldn’t – but this past week I broke out of that mindset. Once you open your mouth and start doing it, it becomes so much easier. All of a sudden jondo-ing isn’t a burden anymore – it’s so much fun to go out and talk to people. That’s why I’m here. I feel like a real missionary. The missionary I always pictured when I was young!

*I learned a great lesson on following the Spirit. I thought it was just another thought, but when the Spirit spoke to me a second time, I paid attention and as a result, we got to teach the first lesson to a man. Knowing that the Spirit is directing you in the work is an amazing feeling. I am really striving to search for and follow the promptings of the Spirit. I learned a great lesson!

*Last week I had many spiritual experiences. We visited a woman who told us how much pain she has in her heart and how she wants to get everything back together. She had gone to a mountain just the previous day pondering about what she needs to do. So she was surprised that we came to visit and told us that she is never home during the time that missionaries serve during the day. She thought, what a coincidence it was that we planned to visit her and that she happened to be home!!

*This was a week of blessings for us! A mission is full of too many blessings to name or list out - really, the blessings we see are far greater than any work we could ever put out, not to mention the blessings we don’t immediately recognize. Out of these blessings I would consider baptism to be the icing on the cake and Heavenly Father blessed us with icing on the cake this weekend!!! I am grateful beyond expression to have been able to serve in this area and be able to finish off my work here like this.

No comments: