Saturday, March 1, 2008

More Missionary Quotes

Though this week was difficult, as always, I found the joy in the trial. Things are not moving quickly, but are moving great.

We taught a lesson and it went way good…we taught with the spirit and in unity. The Lord is taking care of us, leading and guiding us. We just keep going, trying to do what God wants, and our best all the time.

Our members are amazing! They are all so enthusiastic about the work and love to help us with missionary work! Lately when we visit members we give them a name on a card and ask them to pray real specifically for that person. It’s a great way to get the members involved. Our Stake (slogan) is to believe that you will get what you pray for. It’s going great!

For two days I spent a lot of time on my knees seeking strength and inspiration, feeling worried and weighed down, wondering what good have I done, what help I have been these past 7 months. BUT then I went to zone conference and realized that the whole meeting was directed straight at me and my needs! Does God answer prayers!! I came away with a greater testimony of something I already knew but started to forget – the outward, measurable results of our labors are not the ultimate determiner of our success, but rather the fact that we tried our best.

The end of my mission was nearing and I was a little nervous that I might not see a physical baptism before I went home. Two months before I went home we fasted and prayed to find an investigator who would get baptized. That night we taught a lesson that did not go well. I was sad. I thought, “Why aren’t we helping him progress? I am fasting, Heavenly Father, why is this not going well? Just then the Spirit taught me something that I will never forget. It was something along the lines of this: “You didn’t think it would be this easy – you fasted and prayed once. Keep going, keep working and I will give you the desires of your heart”. So I did. From that day forward I tried my best, everyday. I wasn’t perfect but I did my best. The great thing was that without even knowing it, the Lord was preparing someone…………The Lord made a way. He waited up until the last and then gave the blessings. I know that He lives and that he wants to bless us. This work, and the gospel are the only ways to be happy in this life. I know that is true. I am all the better for it. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for giving me this life changing experience. Missions are sweet! (From a newly returned missionary!)

No comments: