Saturday, April 19, 2008

Velvet and Steel



Yesterday the mission compound was a flurry of busyness as we are all preparing for the arrival of Elder Richard G. Scott for our Stake and Mission conference over the next several days. The AP's planted flowers in all the planters and flower pots, commenting that they never imagined they would ever be required to do such a thing on their missions! Elder McWhorter related his mother's advice about the importance of having a "soft" side and how proud she would be to see him enjoying working with the flowers. He was just convincing his Marine companion, Elder Capps, when President Perriton walked around the corner and made a comment about how cute they looked!

5 comments:

Candace said...

WOW! Elder Scott is coming! SOOO exciting!!

By the way, yesterday I met a guy in the temple who was getting out his endowments and preparing for his mission to DAEJEON, SOUTH KOREA!!! That was so fun to meet him. Don't remember his name, but he is from AZ and will be get to Korea in July, I believe. :)

I mentioned that my brother, Elder Mayberry, was there now and told him that if he looks on this blog he will know who he is, just because he's the one that's being in a goof in all his pictures. :P

Mary Perriton said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I saw your brother today and said hello from you. He says, "She's the best"!

Candace said...

Aw, HE'S the best!! Thanks for telling him "hi" from me!

mamapickle said...

you can tell your missionaries that here in Texas the Missionaries are required to provide hours of service each week. They do lots of yard work and cleaning for people. Last summer a couple of them even came over and pulled grass out of my flower beds.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't think of a better title than velvet and steel. It fits them to the tee. I wish I could have seen it.