Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Missionary Quotes

*The more I read out of the Book of Mormon, the stronger and more solid I feel spiritually, besides the knowledge I gain from it.

*While we waited at the bus terminal a guy from the Philippines came up and exclaimed, “Elders!” We were shocked. We found he was a returned missionary. We talked until his bus came. He asked if there were many members in our small town. When we answered only a few, he said, “don’t worry", then with tears in his eyes, “You’ve got the best Job”.

*There definitely is not enough time when you’re doing the Lords’ work, but I treasure every minute. I love this work and know that Heavenly Father is leading it. I’m so thankful to be a missionary here and now.

*I’ve found in the past month that praying for opportunities to teach has increased my enthusiasm and my courage. I know that when we present our righteous desires to the Lord he prepares the way for us to accomplish them. Maybe not the in the way that we expect, but he prepares the way nonetheless.

*One of the biggest successes this week as a companionship was in setting our street contact goal. We set it much higher than usual because we want 1000 contacts this transfer and also because we both agreed it will take some extra sacrifice and effort to find more investigators. I have learned that setting a goal that makes you stretch and reach higher not only does that, but literally motivates and becomes a pushing force as well. We found that the Lord always prepares a way for us to accomplish.

*I’m so thankful for this work that I’m worthy to be doing and that I AM doing. I am doing it. I might be carried and sustained by angels throughout the day, but I am the one who starts the day.


*Everything here is wonderful. We are working hard and teaching a lot of people and we are keeping the pipeline full. My companion made a comment about how he has only seen stats like these made by sister missionaries! There is no way that we are nearly as good as the sister missionaries, but it still made me smile!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Sister Perriton,
My name is Candace Evans. I am Elder Jordan Mayberry's older sister. Thank you so much for putting this blog together! I love it! I will definitely be one of your "readers"! :)

Sherry Stanfill said...

I sit here with tears running down my face. I appreciate you posting these insights into missionary work there in the Daejeon mission. The music is a beautiful touch. I love it all! Thank you from a missionary mom who loves to hear and see all the information out there about what her son is doing.